As a transportation engineer you will be able to work in a broad range of areas and industries including:
- Highway design and construction
- Transportaion planning and modelling
- Pavement design and mangement
- Traffic and transit operations
- Infrastructure management
- Intelligent trasportation systems
- Road safety
- Airport planning and operation
- Logistics and warehousing
- And many more...
- Some transportation engineers work for the city planning, designing and building the light rail transit (LRT) systems. They also assist other civil engineers with the planning of the LRT stations.
Some transportation engineers work for the province designing and managing the construction of highways and rural roads.
Some engineers assist in the design and construction of new subdivisions.